Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Free Money Making - Four Overlooked Pay Per Click Ad Writing Tactics


The ad where I bid on the actual product name was the winner, not surprisingly! I recently did a Pay Per Click (PPC) study where I compared two different Adwords ads to see where I could get the highest Click Through Rate (CTR).

Here are four things that can be done increase the CTR when using PPC advertising:

They are much more likely to let you bid on the name of the product, however. Most merchants will not let you bid on their company branded name using PPC. Always strive to get as close to the actual product name as the merchant will let you.

PPC is only profitable if people are actually searching for the item you have for sale. It will not do a bit of good to set up a campaign for the bestwidget, in this case. You may find that there are very few people searching for that particular keyword because not many people have heard of the bestwidget, when you do PPC keyword research. With a bestwidget product, for example: Your merchants name could be WidgetMaker. Use whatever keyword tool you have at your disposal to make sure people are actually searching for the keyword.

Make sure the ads in each group point to a page on your site that is optimized for that keyword. Each Ad Group should target a very specific keyword and related keyword phrases. How your set up your Ad Groups makes all the difference in the world, however! That section is primarily to help you stay organized. " It doesn't make much difference what you name your campaigns. You set up "Campaigns" and then "Ad Groups, in Adwords. Get the highest CTR by setting up a variety of Ad Groups.

My Adwords Campaign name is Gardening, for this site. And Landscaping, container Gardening, it has a lot of information on Square Foot Gardening. For example: I have a Gardening site.

I point the ads in this group to a specific page on my site that deals with container gardening. Container gardening, you guessed it, the Container Gardening ad group has just the keywords related to. Then I have three separate ad groups that focus on the individual areas.

And lumped everything into one Ad Group, this method gets a much higher CTR than when I was just starting out. I also make sure my web-page is highly optimized for one or two specific keywords that I'm bidding on in the ad group.

It saves me money because of the higher CTR, while I'll admit that it's much more time-consuming to set up the separate groups.

The structure of the ad should be as follows: The advertiser with the highest CTR pays the least per click; it's no secret to those who know the Adwords System. You'll want to test variations of keywords and keyword phrases until you get the highest CTR possible.

If possible, (1) Put the keyword in the headline of the ad.

(Example: "Learn how to Garden in Small Spaces"). This will let them know that what they're looking for can be found at your site. (2) On the first description line give the searcher a benefit.

(3) Capitalize the first letter of each main word (as in the example above).

Etc, trial offers, specific information, possible features include free eBooks. This is where you give them a feature of the site. Tell them what they'll get when they arrive at the site, (4) On the last line.

Pre-sales information that will make them want to click again - to the Merchants site, what they should see is very precise. What will the visitor see when they click on your ad and get to your site, now that you've got your ads set up properly?

No comments:

Post a Comment